Parents As Active Participants
The Parents Promoting Parent (P3) Engagement Team was initiated on August 30, 2016 to impact and expand the parent engagement work done through our Parents Teaming for Literacy Success (PTLS) initiative and Parents Learning and Leading Institute (PLLI) initiative. The initial P3 Engagement Team represents parents from select Jackson Public Schools in the Lanier Feeder Pattern, who create an environment that encourages learning, communicates expectations for children’s achievement and future careers, and engages in their children’s education at school and in the community.
P3 For the Future
In the fall of 2017, we are expanding our work with P3 into all schools in the Lanier Feeder Pattern Schools and one additional feeder pattern. We are seeking other parents in the district to become active members of the P3 Engagement Team. The role of this team is to:
- Model parental engagement for parents through participation in parent engagement activities at the school, community, and district levels.
- Certify as parent leaders through flexible and varied professional development. (For more information on certification, see our Parents Learning and Leading Institute page.)
- Increase awareness of programs and events in the schools and community.
- Mentor and empower other parents to increase parent and family engagement in schools.
- Build capacity to involve parents/stakeholders in an effective partnership with the schools.
- Be a cheerleader for high student academic achievement in all Jackson Public Schools.
- Conduct and/or participate in Cultural Learning Walks in schools in your respective feeder pattern.
- Communicate with and support your children’s teachers.
- Build a community of parents to exchange ideas and information with other parents.
Become a P3 Parent
Are you interested in becoming a P3 Parent? If you meet the qualifications below, contact us to learn more about P3 and how you can get involved!
- Parent in the Feeder Pattern you represent
- Be a member of your school’s PTA
- Commit to focusing on student achievement and well-being
- Advocate for Jackson Public Schools
- Willing to be an engaged parent for the full school year